Wednesday, February 13, 2013

HOW I'M HEALING MYSELF WITH THE HELP OF A GREAT TEACHER ARTHUR HAINES


HOW I'M HEALING MYSELF WITH THE HELP OF A GREAT TEACHER, A TRUE FRIEND, ARTHUR HAINES

My name is Mariana Roberts.  I am 30 years old and I'm sharing my story with you to give you hope, to show you how I'm healing myself with the help of an inspirational teacher, and a true friend, Arthur Haines.


This photo of me was taken of me on 9/8/2012, the day before my 28th birthday, when I started applying the knowledge from a brilliant book titled Ancestral Plants that helped me start healing my mind, body and soul. You may notice how thin I was in this photo; I was sick for a very long time. My natural weight was 115 pounds in my early 20's and slowly over the years, I went down from 115 to 76 pounds. No matter how much food I ate, I simply could not gain any weight. Something was very wrong, and time was running out. I knew that if i waited to long my body would eventually start eating itself because it was starving for nutrients. It was the most painful and scariest time of my life.

I have taken a very long, difficult, and painful healing journey for almost seven years, and the path I have taken has blossomed into a beautiful story of a very successful recovery. I'm truly blessed to be alive sharing my amazing story with you.  I hope my story will inspire you, give you hope and comfort in knowing that life is a gift, life is precious, and if you ask Mother Nature to heal you she will answer your call...

On my quest for knowledge, i became good friend with Arthur Haines who published my favorite book titled: Ancestral Plants. A Primitive Skills Guide to Important Edible, Medicinal, and Useful Plants that I used as an important daily guide to help me return back to mother earth and heal my body, mind, and spirit naturally. Arthur taught shared his substantial wealth of knowldge with me over the years, I learned so much about mother earth and fruits she generously gives to all of us in hopes that we will cherish and protect her.

Ever since I was a child I have come to understand darkness and despair, cloaked with emotions of pain and suffering.  Pain was a daily part of living, despite my free spirit and creative soul, I was enveloped in a mountain of pain.  I never knew that the cause of my prolonged pain was a result of something more substantial, something I would have never even considered could affect my life so deeply.  As a child growing up, I was never taught that all my pain stemmed from many factors: Some of them include the food I was eating (gluten, corn, dairy and eggs - a natural allergy I was born with), the contaminated tap water I was drinking, the air I was breathing, the pasteurized milk I was drinking lacking digestive enzymes from animals who are raised in terrible conditions, not having enough sunshine, a toxic accumulation of heavy metals in my body, the effects of phytic acids from all the over processed grains I was consuming, an addiction to sugar from eating highly refined sugars, exposing my delicate skin to chemical products, chlorine, and cleaning agents, and to top it all off, I was drinking dead tap water instead of living structured spring water.




I started feeling weak and very exhausted, lost feeling in my legs and feet (which were always cold and very numb), I lost a significant amount of weight, started having dental problems and tooth decay, emotional despair, chronic fatigue, brain fog, dizziness, fainting spells, vomiting, severe nose bleeds (my nose bleeds were so bad I was almost rushed to the ER for losing too much blood) severe lower back pain, joint and muscle pain, memory loss, anxiety and depression, with an extremely weak immune system exposing my body to harmful pathogens and serious life threatening infections. As I got older the pain progressed and eventually led to even more fatigue, inability to digest and absorb foods, loss of appetite and vitality (the the grim reaper was closing in on me, it was only a matter of when and where).  I had to ask myself only one question: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 

With no health insurance, no one to turn to, no one to understand my pain, and no one who could diagnose me properly (I visited so many doctors), I was forced to pursue my own healing quest in learning about nutrition in the name of self preservation and healing. I started reading informative health books and read hundreds of articles along with watching hundreds of health videos (perhaps today it’s in the thousands) learning everything I possibly could in order to figure out what was causing my daily suffering.  Some people classified me as hypochondriac but in reality I was fighting for my life...

One day while crying out for help, looking in every direction, the Great Universe finally answered my desperate call when I stumbled upon an incredibly healing piece of literature by Arthur Haines.


In reading his book titled: Ancestral Plants, A Primitive Skills Guide to Important Edible, Medicinal, and Useful Plants of the Northeast. Volume 1. I found a true friend in Arthur Haines, who has helped me find hope again with his extensive knowledge in Nutrition, Wild Food and Medicine. He taught me to understand the meaning of life, and appreciate all the great gifts Mother Nature brings to us.  As I developed on my journey to better health, I discovered something that to me was miraculous, I was starting to heal naturally without any pharmaceutical drugs or medication.

Arthur has opened my eyes and taught me how to heal my own body with wild plants, fungi, and healthy fats while focusing on nutrition.  As I continued on my journey, I discovered that it was his love and care for humans, plants, and animals that saved my life.  He shared his knowledge and experience about wild plants and medicine that helped me blossom and shed the leaves of pain that almost sunk my vessel. 

I am sharing this story with you to give you hope, and inspire you to always keep believing in your inner strength.  We are not alone on this planet, and we are all connected to each other, those who suffer become healers, and the circle of life just keeps spinning never stopping.  Never be afraid to learn new things, discover new ideas, and share your wisdom…we are all healers, here for each other to Live, to Grow, and to Thrive!

Thank you so much Arthur for being who you are and helping people around the world find hope.  I will always cherish and teach the amazing knowledge you with me.

Some Wonderful Moments I had Learning from Arthur Haines about Medicinal Mushrooms:


Inonotus Obliquus - Chaga



Arthur Haines to Mariana Roberts, the material on the cutting board in the picture is Inonotus obliquus (chaga). Specifically, it is the sclerotium (the part used in medicine). It is normal for the interior material (the yellow-brown to orange-brown material) to be of slightly different densities. So long as the chaga was gathered from a living tree (at least part of the tree), you are good to use this. Chaga is connected to the host. So when the host dies, so too does the chaga (and then the sclerotium becomes to degrade).

Thank you Arthur for sharing your wisdom about chaga mushroom. Chaga has become the King of my Healing Journey.

You can purchase Arthur's book titled: Ancestral Plants:  A Primitive Skills Guide to Important Edible, Medicinal, and Useful Plants of the Northeast. Volume 1. on his Website at the following Link: http://www.arthurhaines.com/ancestral_plants.html




Special Note to my Readers from Mariana "The Wounded Healer" 
-The Mushroom Fairy

WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I HEALING FROM

I am healing from many ailments (without any help from pharmaceutical drugs) with six 6 years of medical testing to determine my conditions. I'm healing from Autoimmune Disease, Acid Reflux (GERD) Raynaud's Phenomenon, Chronic Lower Back Pain, Advanced Heavy Metal Toxicity, Celiac Disease, Poor Vision, Psoriasis, Chronic Fatigue, Psoriatic Arthritis, Loss of Feeling in my Arms and Legs (complete Numbness for many months) Fungal and Yeast Overgrowth in my Alimentary Canal (Candida Albicans - also known as the Slow Killer) that has spread throughout my body, Food Allergies, Serious Breathing Problems, Brain Fog, Depression, Severe Acne Breakouts, Chronic Nosebleeds that almost put me in the Hospital many times, Post Traumatic Stress, Dangerous Weight Loss (I was down to 76 Pounds) Debilitating Periods (they used to be so bad, I would roll around on the floor screaming in pain for hours and today there are months where I don't feel any pain at all, I don't even know i'm having my moon cycle) Gum Disease and Bacterial Infections and more. All these ailments that almost put me in my grave have been decreasing over the years and many are already healed, in a couple more years and I will be free from suffering, I want to be free so badly. It's an amazing feeling, and a true accomplishment to heal the human body. I am healing very successfully with healthy food, daily nutrition, fermented probiotic foods (that I make at home), wild foods that I harvest on my own in nature, living spring water that i gather in the wild. My Healthy Pain Free Quest has been very successful, and I'm finally starting to gain my natural healthy weight back. Taking care of Health to me is the most important part of having a Happy fulfilling Life. I hope my story Inspires you and gives you hope, never give up and keep fighting, always stay strong! I fought for so many years to survive and truly believe that if we set our Hearts and our minds to Healing we can Heal anything and yes even Cancer can be healed. It takes daily dedication and sometimes healing can be painful, but after the pain subsides the rainbow will come out, the sun will shine again, overcoming the pain of the Healing Crisis will set you free.

Autoimmune disease is one of the hardest and most advanced diseases to heal from, and in being able to start conquering it is a huge accomplishment. Many incredible teachers, and Nutrition Experts who I was blessed to became very good friends with over the past seven years, helped guide me in the field of nutrition on a path to better health. Sometimes, I wonder who's Healing who, but in the end I know that we are all here to help each other, and in saying this I have come to understand that everyone of us holds a piece of the puzzle to the great mystery of Life and rising above disease. When I help others heal, I learn so much about them and about myself, it's an endless journey of discovery and awareness. The journey that I'm taking is teaching me how to understand the complex matrix of life. The unique ability for the body to heal itself, when it's provided with the proper nutrition is incredible. When provided with clean air and good food and water, the body heals on it's own. It truly is up to us to turn our minds and our hearts in the direction of healing and once we achieve this we will start attracting more and more healing into our lives and the lives of others.


***DISCLAIMER***

Mariana Roberts is NOT a medical doctor and does not take any responsibility in the use or misuse of any of the information or any other form of media on this note. All the information in this note is offered as-is, for informational purposes ONLY. Much of the information here, although medically referenced, exists outside the realm of conventional, accepted medical practice. The user of this information assumes all risks for its use or misuse. In no event shall the writer of this note or any other person or entity involved in the production of this information be held liable for any damages stemming from the use or misuse of this information. Your continued reading of this note indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us Mariana! It helped a lot! Nature gives us everything we need! <3 hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete